Manager Test & Integration
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Manager Test & Integration you will provide overall leadership for the project integration and test program. You will be responsible for the development and execution of the inspection plans production, testing and trials of the new build one-off naval vessels of Damen Naval. You will provide engineering reviews, general project support during production, tests, trials and drives the follow-up in case of deviations including the guidance and coordination to key suppliers. As Manager Test & Integration you will report to the Manager Services.
As Manager Test & Integration you will:
- Set-up, lead, direct, and coordinate the integration and test program in line with the project design, progress and the overall project targets and project timelines. This includes setting up required processes: templates, work instructions and tools in close cooperation with line management.
- Prepare and execute the project inspection plan production, drives the follow-up in case of deviations based on the master project plan, specifications, delivery deadlines.
- Develop, execute, and coordinate test and trial plans based on the master project plan, specifications, delivery deadlines, this includes Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Harbour Acceptance Tests (HAT) and Sea Acceptance Trials (SAT).
- Participate in cross-functional engineering reviews and approvals with project teams and suppliers, this includes all engineering disciplines and integration activities.
- Propose and aligns the test strategy, means of compliance for supplier requirements and client and class, and gets the agreed outcome documented in the sVCRM and VCRM.
- Manage the preparation and approval of test specifications prior to the execution of physical tests
- Manage the compliance demonstration by means of physical tests.
- Cooperates with V&V Coordinator for alignment of compliance via physical tests with compliance via verification activities such as engineering reviews, progressive acceptance of engineering deliverables.
- Monitor and reports on compliance, progress, and budgets, including performance of third parties and intervene when needed.
- Deliver (compliance) status reports during production, trials and tests which includes process, technical and cost and price analysis.
- Manage the department including external flexible human resource planning and assure the project team can be staffed with the required capabilities.
Skills & experience
As Manager Test & Integration you will need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical study.
- IPMA C or equivalent certification.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing and commissioning of complex new build ships at yards in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Experience in subcontract management of complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices.
- Experience in engineering and integration of electrical, automation and mechanical systems, including combined propulsion installations for complex new built ships.
- Familiar with the use of typical tools for requirements management, configuration management and quality management.
- Good command of the Dutch, German, and English language written and verbal.
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
- Competencies: customer, results and quality orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, leadership, coaching, planning, and organizing, management control, problem analysis and judgment
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Manager Test & Integration, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal .
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
|manager test & integration
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.